Welcome to a minor in Chinese, French, German, Italian Studies, Japanese, or Spanish!
Please click the link for the appropriate Minor Agreement Form below (based on the first initial of your last name). This will initiate the power form and will ask you and your minor advisor to sign and date the form and will send it on for processing.
- Ask your advisor questions about minor credit for coursework taken at another school. For Study Abroad, consult the minor advisor before your trip to ensure transferability of courses.
- Each minor consists of 24-quarter units of coursework specified by the Department: a minimum of 12 units must be upper division. A minimum grade point average of 2.75 must be maintained.
You are responsible for monitoring progress towards your minor and having course substitutions approved by your minor advisor.
Contact your advisor in your major department to plan the best way to integrate your language minor into your major program. For additional information, consult the College of Liberal Arts Advising Center, 47-22B or call 756-6200.
For general university requirements, please see "Minors" in the Cal Poly Catalog.
To declare a minor, please complete click the minor form link for the language of interest and fill in your information. That will initiate the minor form which will be sent to your advisor then onward for processing.
- Advisor: Dr. Sophia Chen
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm 26
- Advisor A-Z: Dr. Brian Kennelly
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26C
- Advisor: Dr. John Thompson *On leave Fall 2023*
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26A
- Advisor: Dr. Christian Anderson
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26Q
More information about the Italian minor is available on the Cal Poly Catalog website.
- Advisor: Teresianna Matarrese
Office: Bldg. 52, E24 Cubicle H
More information about the Japanese minor is available on the Cal Poly Catalog website.
- Advisor: Junko Cleave
Office: Bldg. 52, E24 Cubicle K
For more information, please contact both Junko Cleave (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. John Thompson (email@example.com), copied on the same email.
More information about the Spanish minor is available on the Cal Poly Catalog website.
- Advisor — Last name A-G: Dr. Fernando Sanchez
Office: Bldg 47, Rm. 28
- Advisor - Last name H-M: Dr. Karen Muñoz-Christian
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26M
- Advisor — Last name N-S: Dr. Silvia Marijuan
- Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26P
- Advisor — Last name T-Z: Dr. Martha Galvan-Mandujano
Office: Bldg. 47, Rm. 26D