Online Placement Exam (French, Spanish)
The next WLC online Placement Exam for French and Spanish will take place on Monday, October 16 at 6:00 pm via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 962 0077 4261
Please check this website periodically for future dates.
This exam must be taken by any student wishing to enroll for the first time at Cal Poly in a Spanish or French course (except true beginners, who must enroll in 101) AND who do not have any previous Cal Poly coursework or transfer/AP credit for that language on their Poly Profile.
- You don't need to reserve a spot. Just join the proctor, Dr. Silvia Marijuan, using the Zoom link provided on our website (wlc.calpoly.edu).
- The placement exam is offered throughout the quarter and new dates are posted on our website.
- The placement exam takes about 30-40 minutes. It is a multiple-choice test. You will receive your score the same day you take the test.
- The placement exam DOES NOT give credit for a class. It only allows you to enroll in the language course that is appropriate for your level.
- Have your EMPL ID# ready (you can access this in your Cal Poly Portal).
- You can contact the proctor (Dr. Silvia Marijuan) if you have questions.
- You will enter the "waiting room" in Zoom, so please allow for about 5 minutes for the proctor to check you in.
- The fee for the online placement exam is $10.00 payable online at the time of the exam by credit/debit card (not your Campus Express account).
- You CANNOT repeat the placement exam after having taken it until the next quarter.
For placement information in other languages, please contact the following instructors:
- Chinese: Sophia Chen
- German: Christian Anderson
- Italian: Teresiana Matarrese
- Japanese: Junko Cleave
- Russian: Angelica Browne
For further information, please contact Silvia Marijuan at firstname.lastname@example.org.