Dr. Angelica Browne's German 302 Student Short Films Tackle Big Themes
Dr. Angelica Browne's German students continue to delight you with original and highly creative short films. This winter quarter the students of 302 Advanced Conversation and Grammar Class wrote and produced six charming films.
- “Wanderlust” is a beautifully acted and professionally filmed love and life story.
- The pseudo-horror comedy, Stimme in den Schatten: A Voice in the Shadows surprises with a delightful ending.
- Hans und Frank: Ein Tag im Leben (A Day in the Life) is an experimental film about a day in a life of CalPoly students.
- Both Hansi & Gretchen and Die Geteilte Stadt: the Divided City address the themes of the post-war German history, interlacing them with well-known fairy-tale motifs (Hansi & Gretchen), and current issues of Californian life and politics (Die Geteilte Stadt).
- Finally, Harry Potter and the Werefrog is a witty tale of four students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry travelling to Germany as a part of their exchange program.