10 Reasons to Study in Florence with CSU
For all majors in Junior or Senior standing in 2016-17, with a GPA of 2.5 or better, make it a year to remember by traveling to the land of Michelangelo and La Dolce Vita!
Here are just 10 reasons...
- There's something for everyone: Art History, Classics, Comparative Literature, European Studies, Greek, History, International Relations, International/Global Studies, Italian, Latin, Liberal Studies, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science. More information.
- Do your GEs in style: Choose from 35 Poly pre-approved GE C and D courses.
- Experience La Dolce Vita: Immerse yourself in the beautiful Italian language, food and sights; no prior knowledge necessary.
- Visit the birthplace of the Renaissance: want to know where modern culture and society began? Florence is it!
- The Italian Experience: Fields trips around Italy, to Rome, Milan, Turin, Venice, Pompeii.
- The European Experience: When you're ready to take a break from studying, Florence is a great central location to explore Europe.
- Boost your learning: Enjoy triple time to effective learn language and cross-cultural communication.
- Take credit for your learning: All courses earn resident credit, not transfer credit, with a CSU transcript.
- Save money: Paying Poly tuition, CSU International Programs are more cost- effective than summer or quarter programs. All your financial aid, grants and scholarships apply. Note: Euro now at five-year lows.
- Support on location: Cal Poly Professor, Dr. Kevin Fagan is Resident Director during 2016-17; on campus for pre-departure advising and on-site for academic support.
- Attend information session on Application Process: Thursday, Jan. 14, 11:10 a.m.-12 p.m., Bldg 52, Room E 46.
- For more information, email Kevin Fagan or call 805-756-2750
Please note that the CSU International Programs in French, German, Italian and Spanish are now open. The programs take place in Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Spain. The Application Deadline is February 1, 2016.
Inquiries from family and fellow CSU students, including transfers welcome!